Oslo is a global city, with a large and varied number of cultural attractions. The local government invests large amounts of money in cultural installations, facilities, buildings and festivals in the city. There are many parks and seasites and museums, with regular opera performances and a thriving literature scene.
Here are some ideas for your next trip!
1. Oslo City Hall (Oslo Rådhus), where the Nobel Peace Prize is presented annually.
2. Enjoy a cruise on the Oslo Fjord by tour boat or local ferry.
3. The top of the Holmenkollen Ski Jump provides superb views of the city and fjord.
4. The Kon-Tiki and FRAM Museums recall extraordinary sea voyages by famous Norwegians.
5. The Munch Museum (Munch-museet) exhibits from the thousands of paintings and prints that Edvard Munch left to the city of Oslo.
6. The National Gallery (Nasjonalgalleriet) houses the largest collection of painting and artwork in Norway, including Munch’s The Scream.
7. The Norwegian Folk Museum (Norsk Folkemuseum) offers a taste of historical life through the use of actors in period costume.
8. Norwegian Resistance Museum (Norges Hjemmefront museet)
9. Vigelands Sculpture Park (Vigelandsparken) presents the works of Gustav Vigeland on a grand scale.
10. The Viking Ship Museum (Vikingskiphuset).
Get the Travel Tips
Get The Savvy Traveler Newsletter
Things we blog about
Places we've blogged about
- All places
- Africa, Anywhere
- Aguas Calientes, Peru
- Albuquerque, Nm, Usa
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Antigua, Cn, Spain
- Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
- Babati, Tanzania
- Beiji, Indonesien
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Bend, Or, Usa
- Borneo, Anywhere
- Boulder, Co, Usa
- Budapest, Hungary
- Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Caribbean Sea,